Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer won't open

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wndalina

Wndalina

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello, I am a novice and will do my best to follow directions. I need help in a BAD way. I had a problem with a virus that came onto my computer trying to tell me i was infected and to buy their product to clear it. I knew it was bad news, so I came to cnet site that showed the exact issue here on Bleeping Computer. I follwed the steps and all was great - computer felt great and worked fine.
Suddenly when I went to open Internet Explorer, it wouldn't do so. I went to task manager and saw two items (sometimes 1) running and using a lot of juice so to speak. I tried to end teh tasks to no avail.
I came back here and then made the mistake of trying what someone else has listed here for the same problem.

I am operating in safe mode and can use Internet Explorer. In normal mode now though - it tells me I have files set or ready for deletion and Internet Explorer no longer works at all in normal mode.

I am about to have surgery and be home for a week and assumed I would use the computer - now not looking good.

Can you help? - yes, I used ComboFix because it seemed like all others were told to do this. This may be part of the problem I am seeing now. I do have the log saved and can share if needed. I also did TDSSkiller and aswMBR.
Honestly I thought it would work because my situation seemed exactly the same - Bad move - lesson learned - can you help me please to figure out how I can once again use internet explorer on my computer without having to ship it out for the holidays to get fixed?

Thanks so much!
Wendy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hi Wendy,

My name is etavares and I'll be helping you with this issue. Do you still need help? If so, please post the asMBR, TDSSKiller and Combofix logs. Please also follow these instructions (Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help) and post the requested logs as a reply in this thread.

Thanks,
-etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 Wndalina

Wndalina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

It seems that all is working ok now when using IT 64 byte. so i am using that. left handed now from surgery so awkward to post things etc. i plan on removing the maleware software etc and then adding microsoft security essentials. if the problem occurs again, i will post. the two items that were running and not stopping seem to be gone. no more more sound commercials are occurring either so somethng must have worked.

may i post again if something occurs? so far i think i am ok.

Do i have to remove maleware bytes - anti maleware before installing microsfot security essentials? sorry for misspellings...

Wendy

#4 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hi Wndalina,

Glad to hear that the computer is usable now. I'm still quite concerned that 32-bit IE isn't working, though. I do suggest we fix that and look at your logs.

You may post again if you want to dig in or if something pops up in the next week or so. After that, I'll mark this thread closed and you can start a new thread at that time.

You can leave Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed along with MSE. Just make sure to remove any other antivirus software you had previously installed such as Avast, AVG, etc.

-etavares

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image

#5 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users