Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Couple questions about a graphics card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpg85

jpg85

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hey everyone, nice forum! Lots of info and great people here.

Anyways, I just have a couple questions about the Asus Radeon HD 7870 card (HD7870-DC2-2GD5).

First, how many power connectors are on the card, one or two? If two, do both have to be used or only one if it provides sufficient power?

Second, what size power supply would you all recommend? I currently have an Antec EA-500D.

Here is the rest of the system:

Asus M5A97
AMD FX-8120 (OC'd to 3.9Ghz)
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB (x2)

Any help you guys could give would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Two 6 pin connectors on the card. PSU has a 6+2 and a 6 pin connector for PCIE. That 500 watt PSU will do the job fine.

Yes, all of your connectors on the card need to be plugged in.

Edited by dpunisher, 08 December 2012 - 06:37 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 jpg85

jpg85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Man, I feel stupid now! After I read your reply I opened the case, and sure enough, the second PCI-E was tucked under one of the hard drives. I don't know how I didn't see it before!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users