Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless in router goes out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 graphicsman

graphicsman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I have a netgear n600 dual band router and the past couple of months the wireless has gone out. I did do a firmware update on my router. I did read an article that indicated the auto channel location might be going out so to set it to a dedicated channel. The router is dual band so the 2.5ghz channel was set to channel 6. I've once before powered off and powered it back on a few months back and it worked. Now I have to power on/off for the wireless to work. Ideas on correcting or is it time to get a new router? Also my definition of wireless going out is all tablets and mobile devices would be connected to it and now they won't connect. Example: iPad sees both spots but when I click on them they say cannot connect and yes I know my password

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I would try resetting it back on factory defaults but save all the settings/passwords first. If it's still finicky or doing the same thing, it's time to look for a replacement.

Tekken

#3 graphicsman

graphicsman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I'm thinking of still using it with wireless disabled since it has a decent firewall and treat it as a wired switch. Haven't had any problems I can't tell wired

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users