Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me stop my hacker

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paininzeeback

paininzeeback

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

I am about to give up unless someone here can pull a rabbit out of their hat. Six computers, two internet providers, one VPN and four years later I am still being hacked by what I assume to be the same person. I have tried almost every antivirus software there is, paid and free. I have spent a fortune on computers and computer repairs. This guy hacked me before I could even get this newest laptop set up with the VPN. I am lost. I don't think there is anything I can do about this jerk. Less than 24 hours after setting up a new computer, this guy has come in and replaced all of my security certificates with his own, made changes in the antivirus software so that it no longer updates (usually changes the language on it) yet it makes it look to me like it is doing it's job, changes group policy so that I am no longer admin on my own computer and takes over the desktop. He deletes all restore points. He has even gone so far as to hide my C drive onto the D drive. Most of my C drive at that point was no longer accessible to me. I found what he had done by accident. Just by looking at drivers. He changed all of my legacy drives and put his own in there. Oh yeah, my automatic updates for Microsoft, that goes out the window as well. If I try to go through the help that you offer here, he will change every thing you tell me to download and run. I do not have access to a "clean" computer at the moment where I can copy stuff to a USB and then load it onto this one. The biggest heartbreak for me is that my kids are supposed to get tablets for Christmas. I can't see spending all that money for them to end up with this hacker on their stuff as well. The guy that sold me the VPN told me that it would take someone with 30+ years of experience to hack me while using it. That was the biggest waste of $130.

I am not a computer geek so if you ask me to do stuff so that you can see what is going on in my computer please explain in very simple terms. The only reason I do know all of the things that I told you is because I hate to lose to someone like this so I unplugged my at&t modem, turned this thing on in safe mode and went in and changed it so that I could see hidden files as well. I changed nothing. I just read every "notepad" under every single program or file. I also looked at whatever logs he didn't delete or disable. I can't even go in and change the ones that are disabled. I am so tired of this. I just don't want my kids to lose out because of this absolute jerk.

I have an Acer Aspire. V5-571 (2 months old)
Windows 7 Home Premium
64-bit operating system
I hate IE so I use Google Chrome.

I am not sure what other info you would need. Also, I set everything I have to automatic updates. One thing I have noticed is that it doesn't take him 5 minutes to corrupt something in everything that uses auto updating so that nothing ever does.

I am begging for help. I have spent thousands of dollars all to no avail. I owe you my life if you can help. Otherwise, the tablets go back to the store.

Thank you,
Leah

Edited by hamluis, 08 December 2012 - 05:20 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DennisinBFE

DennisinBFE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Dear Pain, you are not being hacked, you have been Rootkitted, as have I and millions of others. This all started several years ago when Sony rooted peoples computers. It has also been an issue for several years that most mainframe servers were hacked(Info at the FBI.gov website) by an Estonian group, and on top of that the Chinese are putting in backdoor rootkits on cpu's produced in China. I have the same problem except for I am a computer geek. I have spent years trying to get the attention of people in the know, to no avail. Once you have a BIOS level rootkit deal with the fact that nothing will get rid of it, oh people will tell you you can by wiping your harddisk and re-installing your OS, but as you are never really in your REAL OS nothing will do the trick. I have been so disillusioned with this crap that I am actually back in college to get my degree and work toward solving the scourge of the rootkit. Deal with the fact that your computer no longer belongs to you and don't ever do any banking or important things from your devices. Go to a public library or school for important private matters, and hope somone levels with the public and works towards a real solution to the rootkit problem.
Best Regards,Dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users