Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Protect Your PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KWG

KWG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Running WIndows 7
Protect your PC did a drive by download on my wife two days ago...now...it owns me.
Have tried the guide on bleeping.com and it appears that the trojan has morphed, or I have another virus as well.

Had rkill and malwarebytes on this from a previous version of this delightful trojan.
run rkill it says everything is good. Howeer, no .exe file can run in normal mode or safe mode
This means I cannot run malwarebytes.
Cannot open Task Manager to manually work, normal or safe.
Cannot open explore to move malwarebytes RKill, Kaspersky or others from USB or DVD onto desktop
Cannot get into regedit etc etc.
Trying any of these will get a PYPC pop up.

Managed to get Webroot up and running but it stops after two files on the winlogon.dll.

It was a cheap PC so the box I don't care about, need a small portion of the data, not backed up for a few months.

I am a relatively adept end user but not computer geek.

Suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,682 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

Download FixExec.exe to your desktop.
Double click on downloaded file to run the fix.
When the program has finished, it will generate a log on the desktop called FixExec.exe.
Post the log in your next reply.

NOTE. If for any reason you're not able to execute FixExec.exe rename it to FixExec.com, FixExec.pif or FixExec.scr.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users