Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD BURNER

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

HI,I replaced my DVD burner and i can not get it to work it appears to be not a PnP burner.
Is there procedure as to how i can get it to,it is a ATAPI iHAS 124C.
I have never burned any DVDS so can i get a tutorial on how to do this,i have a lot of pictures and other stuff
i would like to get offloaded i thought i could go to select all,put into playlist and burn to a disk i am using
PHILIPS DVD-R,4.7GB,1X16 speed disks,thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Open the Device Manager, (Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Device Manager) and scroll down to DVD/CD-ROM drives and double click on it. A menu which should have your new optical drive listed, if it is there double click on it. In the page that opens click on the Driver tab. When it opens click on Uninstall. This will uninstall the driver, when you restart your computer a fresh driver will be installed.

If it isn't seen there or in My Computer I would suggest first checking your connections.

As for burning CDs or DVDs, download Imgburn, it's freeware which is very popular for this purpose. As for a tutorial, this one is pretty easy to follow.

The one thing that you need to keep in mind is the size of the file you are going to copy. A CD has a capacity of 700MB, a DVD has a capacity or 4.7GB.

You can keep adding picture files in the same manner which the tutorial suggests adding one, or you can make a separate folder and move the pictures that you wish to burn so that you will only need to add the one file. You can open your pictures and press the Ctrl key, hold it down, and click on the pictures you wish to add to the new folder, the pictures will highlight to let you know that they have been selected.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users