Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer is dying slowly but surely

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trevor12

trevor12

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

IE9 crashes all the time a lot now, chrome browser is slower than normal, no audio through internal speakers or through the headphone jack. i tried testing sounds and the sound test freezes and doesn't respond. certain security and functionality services have stopped in task manager and i cant start certain important ones, i tried to do a virus scan and nothing was found, i tried rkill and then a scan and still nothing and rkill didn't find anything wrong, i tried updating sound drivers and it doesn't work i think it is a hidden virus or something cause my computer is acting strange latley... if not then it is a critical error. and i posted this on the affected computer. Most of what happened just started happening today except for the stopped services and i didnt stop them they stopped by themselves.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dolby

Dolby

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

this may help
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

#3 trevor12

trevor12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

this may sound dumb but all i did was restart my computer and everything works now... the audio works the crashes stopped and the services well i never checked them yet but i think they are stopped still but im not quite sure what they are for they sound important but everything is working right now soo we will see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users