Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems watching any video

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 shags72

shags72

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

My wife has a windows 7 hp G6 laptop with an amd radeon video card and she can't watch videos as they are way too large for the video screen. I was watching a youtube video and suprisingly able to watch and then all of a sudden it got too big to watch. Sometimes you can opt to a lower res and it will work but this was 240 and that was the only option to pick. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shags72

shags72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

What happened? Had a notice of a response but nothing here.
:blink:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Have you tried uninstalling current video drivers...then reinstalling same?

They may be damaged.

Louis

#4 shags72

shags72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I didn't so I will try that. Thanks

#5 shags72

shags72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

I did that and thought it worked but now it is back to just showing a small section in the screen no matter what quality setting I select. I have googled and searched in the forum but cannot find anything on this. Probably not searching the right words. Thanks :wacko:

#6 btcomm

btcomm

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Have you updated adobe flash player to the newest one?

Also have you tried creating a new user profile on Windows and see if the issue happens there? If it doesn't happen in another profile it's probably best to just use the new one and pull data over from the old one.

Edited by btcomm, 10 December 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#7 shags72

shags72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Thought that was on autoupdate but I will check. Thanks

#8 shags72

shags72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Did it and looks ok for now. Thanks but it worked last time when I reloaded the video driver. We shall see.
:thumbsup:

#9 shags72

shags72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Well it seems to be better so far but not perfect sometimes you have to select the quality and even sometimes then it is still just a small section of the video filling the window. Well for now at least I can see most of the clips I want to. Anyone else with any ideas? Thanks for the help so far as it is better than it was.

#10 shags72

shags72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I have found that this is a stranger than I thought at first. My wife found out that when the laptop is
plugged in to charge you cannot watch videos as the screen is taken up by a
small piece of the video. But when you unplug it, you can see the whole video. I
verified this tonight. Here is a link to a thread with some pics since I couldn't get them in this thread. This is the same video plugged in and then unplugged. I have the power settings set the same for plugged in and unplugged for 

video settings. andy ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video-e-g-Windows-8/Video-issue-with-G6-Laptop/m-p/2459737

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users