Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Skype works - HTTP , Firefox , IE rest is dead?!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

so it all started some day ago.. i only play league of legends which is a onlinegame by Riot played all over the world right now.

Internet pages went down and Firefox, internet explorer, msn live messanger, games etc stopped having internet connection. The strange thing now is, my skype connection worked flawlessly whole time! And the connection worked on other pc's in the house!?

Then the problem disappreared when i rebooted the router. But today the problem came back but this time nothing worked. So i re-installed the Cisco AE1000 internet adapter and everything worked perfect again for some minutes? i then switched USB port and my PS/2 keyboard stopped working untill i rebooted and uninstalled+reinstalled the internet adapter :wacko: :blink:

What the hell is going on. I never visit pages or do anything except playing this game on this computer and using Windows XP service pack 3 by the way

Thanks so much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kanchuka

kanchuka

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Did you try on safemode?

#3 Pajajn

Pajajn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

No i didnt'. But whenever i unplug and replug the network adapter the connection worked flawlessly again somehow. I uninstalled and reinstalled and put adapter settings into game mode/multimedia and didnt got a single drop since then :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users