Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please explain how I may delete corrupt folders or files?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chad Syphrett

Chad Syphrett

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Recently, I used the latest versions of the following applications & services to delete the malicious/corrupt folders (the 1st app I listed [Avenger] doesn't work on my WinXP 64-bit): Avenger, Command-Line Interface, MoveOnBoot, Eraser, Unlocker and LockHunter.

So would anyone please tell me how to fix or remove these directories via the Command-line interface or with an application able to forcefully remove corrupt folders or inactive files? They're so corrupt that when they've been clicked, the computer screen freezes (the sand-timer symbol appears everytime I even double-click to open these folders).

Delete Folder 1: It contains only 1 file > an image-file.
Delete Folder 2: It appears to be an empty folder (if you notice the 1st couple of screenshots below, you'll see "Delete Folder 2" appears completely empty. And my computer folders have been set to show all hidden files).

Posted Image

All hidden files are set to be displayed in my folders, and I've proved that my Device Manager shows no signs of missing or damaged devices that would be significant to that I/O device error message that shows up each time I attempted to delete the folder that contains a corrupt image-file (see "Delete Folder 1").

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Chad Syphrett, 07 December 2012 - 03:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Sorry...what are the folder paths...which you are trying to delete?

How do you know that the folders are corrupt?

If the files/folders are in bad sectors...the correct thing to do is run the chkdsk /r command on that partition.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users