Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Seven Home Professional

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sherryhuff_*

Guest_sherryhuff_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

I have experienced some strange issues with different computers since September 7th. Group policies are set on my home computers and I did not set them nor can I change them. I seem to have a large amount of .dll files in my C:\Windows\system32\drivers folder. I find logs on my computer that I do not understand, I do not often land on the webpage I intend to go to, when I attempt to search for topics to educate myself I seem to be unable to find current information. I receive "errors" on page messages referring to script errors on many of the websites that I go to regularly such as my cell phone provider and cable company. When I try to get to a page that I think will shed light on this situation for me I am told that I need to allow Active X or enable cookies or download adobe flash and when I do so I am then told, by the same page, that adobe flash is not allowed on this page or my efforts are totally ignored and I still have no access and do not understand why. I try to log in to an online account such as my cell phone provider online and enter my user ID and password and click LOG-IN and the page does nothing. No error message, no little hour glass, nothing. The page just looks at me.
There seems to be an abundance of Legacy Hardware in my device manager and an entire hidden section of something labeled Non-Plug and Play drivers. I struggle downloading any type of anti-virus - I have spent some major dollars on programs like Titanium Platinum and Mcafee 2013 Complete. It seems that even when I do get through the installation, the files are being downloaded from somewhere other than the CD I put into the drive.
I have gone through several new computers in the past few months - I bring them home hoping that this will be the one that acts normal. To me it seems that almost out of the box I begin to see the same things I saw on the one before and the computer begins to behave the same way. Thank you Costco for your gracious return policy!
I have used computers for well over 20 years and I never had any problems and now it seems anything I touch has weirdness.
I did discover that I was not on my own wireless but someone else's wireless and I chalked it up to nothing since both were named Default. I bought a new router and renamed my home network to Malware and then discovered that I was yet again on someone else's wireless (both named Malware, coincidence?) right before 9/7. It seems that Media Player wants to stream things and that image files are more than just image files now - I see logs about embedding and binding and I just do not know if these are normal terms. I have never delved into the inner-workings of what goes on behind the scenes of my operating system. I have been one of the Electric Sheep and now I am in a place where I am not certain if the information I retrieve on any subject is "real" or not. If you did not already guess, I have lost ALL objectivity on this subject and that makes it worse. I do not seem to know how to get back to my pre 9/7 mindset.

I feel as if I am on a server on my home computer and I don't know if anything I am describing is even a possibility.
Currently, I am on an HP Pavilion P7-1267c. My processor is 2nd generation Intel Core i-5 2400, 8 GB DDR3, 1TB HD, Wireless Lan (that I have disabled). I have nothing installed on the computer but yet it seems slow. I am connected to my modem/router combination provided by Comcast via Ethernet. When I access what I believe is my router home page the response time is SO SLOW if at all. I have seen other devices connected when I have logged in.
I have my own Motorola Surfboard Modem and NetGear Router that I have tried to use as well but still have the same issues.
I am attaching ONE file that seems odd to me - anything with API in it freaks me out right now.
Hope I do not sound too batty and that someone can tell me if this means anything at all. I would just like to be able to determine if I have a hacker of some sort or if I need a good doctor and some medication.
As things go, I do not even know if this will actually post in the forum or if I am in the forum.
My browser was adding res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# in front of any http:// I attempted to navigate to. I don't even know what, if anything, that means or would do. I only saw it, even though I have taken to setting my URL's to display right to left, when I clicked on a Norton Safe Web toolbar.
This is only part of the file. It was very big.

Thanks for anyone's time, it is truly appreciated.

\

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 07 December 2012 - 02:33 PM.
Moved to AII from Windows 7. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robocop321

robocop321

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop.

* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

=============================================================================

Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

====================================================================================

Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Devices (do NOT change any settings here)
List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Click Go and post the result.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Mod Edit; You are not permitted to run aswMBR by forum rules.

Please read ,,Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected

Edited by boopme, 13 December 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#3 Guest_sherryhuff_*

Guest_sherryhuff_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Unfortunately, this sytem crashed and I am debating whether I should re-install or return.
I will likely return it. When the computer that I purchase to replace this one begins to display the same behaviour, which forum should I post in?

Thank you!

#4 robocop321

robocop321

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news :(

If you change your mind and decide to reinstall your operating system feel free to post in this topic and I will help you

And answering your other question, if your replacement PC starts dislpaying the same behaviour just post a new topic in the Am I Infected forum.

Robocop

Edited by robocop321, 15 December 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#5 robocop321

robocop321

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Topic can now be closed OP has resolved his issue.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

robocop321, we generally do not close solved AII topics.

#7 robocop321

robocop321

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Ah ok I was not informed about that. Sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users