Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connection issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elmo007

elmo007

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Hello everyone.
I have a computer with Microsoft windows XP(service pack 2) and ubuntu12.10 installed. I have browsers firefox in XP and firefox and chromium in ubuntu. Two days ago I have noticed that I cannot access sites that I usually visit. I cant access Facebook, bbcnews or other popular sites.But when I open the browsers, I was able to get the google homepage. I can access the news section of google. When I click 'technology' or any other sections of 'news', I can get it. But I can't access any of the links of other sites in there. I can access sites of google like youtube or gmail.Presently I can't watch news or access social networks. Is this an issue with the system or with the network. I checked for virus in windows using avast. It's a pirated version though

Please help

Edited by hamluis, 07 December 2012 - 12:07 PM.
Moved from Service Providers to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hi elmo007,

Until some of our more knowledgeable forum members, Moderators, and Admins can arrive to review your post, would you please be so kind as to indicate whether the "pirated" software you refer to is Windows XP, or Avast?

Using pirated software can very frequently lead to serious computer issues, besides not being lawful. Pirated software can also contain malware.

* NOTE: This is likely NOT the correct sub-forum in which to post this particular topic, so the Moderators or Admins may move it to the most appropriate sub-forum.

Regards,

Edited by spc3rd, 07 December 2012 - 08:13 AM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#3 elmo007

elmo007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

hi spc3rd
I have the avast as the pirated software and not XP as the pirated software.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

<<I checked for virus in windows using avast. It's a pirated version though>>

Quote from the forum rules:

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

IMO...the fact that you are using pirated software...may also mean that your system has malware problems. Based on that, I move this topic to the Am I infected forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users