Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Backup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JackieJB

JackieJB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 24 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

Hi recently redid my computer and had saved 2 bkf backup files with all my info on them. Redid the computer, unpacked one of the bkf files that i used ms backup on and that worked fine but the other bkf file would not open and came back with the following error message. "the backup file contains unrecognized data and cannot be used" All my files and pictures of my life are on there. what do i do. I tryed one of the bkf recover programs and it shows all my files on it and everything but they all want u to pay like 500 dollars to save them to your hard drive. What do I do???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

Mod Bump
Posted Image

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

Scarlett, you are such a mod woman!

All my files and pictures of my life are on there. what do i do.

I do not know of any free programs that will do this, but there are numerous pay programs that will do a good job. Prices range from about $129 up to $700 USD. I guess you have to answer the question: What is this data worth to me?

I have three suggestions for you:
  • Do a Google search for "bkf recover programs" to find many of these programs.
  • Don't be fooled by "FREE DOWNLOAD" as that is not the same as Free Program. Sure the download is free, but it costs to buy the program.
  • Make a copy of your broken file by right clicking on it, choosing 'copy'. Go into a different location, right click and choose 'paste'. Then use only ONE of these files when you try to recover your data. This way if the recovery program messes with your data somehow you still have a backup of your backup!
Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users