Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Issues on All Applicaitons

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 josephv500

josephv500

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hi, For the past 2 weeks I've been experiencing horizontal lines appearing in all my applications (word, outlook, web browsers, Sage ACT! CRM app and on the desktop. The issue goes away when I refresh. I've updated the drivers, run spybot, Malwarebytes, Hitman all to find nothing. My device drivers have no yellow ! marks. I'm not sure what is going on.

It all started when I updated the BIOS. The reason I updated the BIOS was because I wanted to run VMware workstation. I had loaded the VMware workstation but it wouldn't load an ISO. when I updated the BIOS the VMware workstation worked great but then I started to experience issue. I haven't run VMware in a week but I'm still getting screen lines.

Any advice?

Here's my specs:
Windows 7 Professional SPK1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 @2.26GHz
6GB Ram
64bit OS
running on a Lenovo R400 laptop

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Generally speaking horizontal lines appearing,can be the result of RAM issues.Have you checked that? Also please check that your Screen Resolution is the recommended one.İt may have been changed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html The link for Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool is included in the tutorial.

Good luck.

#3 josephv500

josephv500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

thanks Julia G, I'll check the RAM and report back -Joseph

#4 josephv500

josephv500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

I ran Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool several times to find no errors. Has anyone else experienced something like this before? If so, how did you resolve it? thanks -Joseph

#5 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Have you followed the bellow instructions?

3. Let it run until at least 7 passes are completed, or errors are found (whichever comes first). The longer you run it, the better.

Seven passes will take several hours, depending on your amount of RAM. It is advised to leave it running overnight.

Edited by Julia G, 09 December 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#6 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

İ just had a look at the thumbnail you provided and i can not really see any horizontal lines.Just smudged print.İs that correct?
A picture of the desktop may be helpful.

Edited by Julia G, 09 December 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'd uninstall VMWare...and then uninstall/reinstall the video drivers. They may have become damaged during your proceedings.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users