When it first boots the new ram is recognised and show as memory.
Could it be to do with:
1. The overclocking? When I check my bios its all set to auto.
2. Graphics card with the built ram?
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 64bit Professional
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2
I purchased this as bundle: CCL Eclipse Cobra Motherboard Bundle - Intel Core i3-540 Overclocked to 4.0GHz
Cooler - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Quiet Cooler
Graphics - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti AMP! Edition 1GB
RAM - Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
This shows my current ram
I have been reading the other posts on here and have tried:
1. reset the bios by removing the watch style battery for 5mins, makes no difference apart from reset the system time.
2. This is actually my second set of ram, after sending the first back thinking it was faulty
3. tried to boot with just 1 - 4gb stick and this causes a constant loop of restart before it gets to the loading operating system.
4. When I put my old ram back in, everything works.
5. Contacting all of my local computer shops who know nothing about over clocking and refuse to help.
Edited by gizzyweb, 06 December 2012 - 09:20 AM.