Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 wont load after new RAM install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gizzyweb

gizzyweb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

I have purchased 16Gb of RAM and when I boot my PC windows is freezes after the message: Loading Operating System.
When it first boots the new ram is recognised and show as memory.

Could it be to do with:
1. The overclocking? When I check my bios its all set to auto.
2. Graphics card with the built ram?

Specification:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2
I purchased this as bundle: CCL Eclipse Cobra Motherboard Bundle - Intel Core i3-540 Overclocked to 4.0GHz
Cooler - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Quiet Cooler
Graphics - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti AMP! Edition 1GB
RAM - Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

This shows my current ram
Posted Image

I have been reading the other posts on here and have tried:
1. reset the bios by removing the watch style battery for 5mins, makes no difference apart from reset the system time.
2. This is actually my second set of ram, after sending the first back thinking it was faulty
3. tried to boot with just 1 - 4gb stick and this causes a constant loop of restart before it gets to the loading operating system.
4. When I put my old ram back in, everything works.
5. Contacting all of my local computer shops who know nothing about over clocking and refuse to help.

Edited by gizzyweb, 06 December 2012 - 09:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

That's an older board and 8gig RAM sticks were rare then. Technically, it may support 8gig sticks, but finding compatible RAM could be a problem as there wasn't a lot to test when the board was in production.

What BIOS revision? I found this http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3509&dl=1#bios . The last release was specifically to improve memory compatibility.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 billy gates son

billy gates son

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

did you try adjusting the settings for your new ram in the BIOS?
I would make sure they're set to auto just to see if you can get a stable boot and then adjust the ram settings for performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users