Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup taking 7 minutes after update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Halcyonik

Halcyonik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Hi B.C.,

I recently reinstalled my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS, and had about 120 updates installed when I shut down my computer. The next time I started up my computer, a notification popped up requesting that I install two system updates. I did find it odd that those updates weren't a part of the 120 or so updates. While updating, my power went out and caused my computer to shut down. That's when the problems started, it took forever to start up, and not just to the startup screen. Before that, the fans would be running. There was no display and my mouse and keyboard were off. It'd go on for about 4 minutes.

When things started to show up, everything seemed to be in "slow motion", or in other words, all actions made by me were delayed or lagging by at least a minute. I found out during the boot screen when I had choices to start windows normally or not.

The computer also beeped once, which I understand is normal. From beep to the "Starting Windows" screen, it took 2 minutes and 20 seconds. And the "Starting Windows" screen plus the "Welcome" screen took 50 seconds to get to the Desktop screen.

Also, if there's a way to dig up what that previous update was, then please tell me the instructions so it's easier. Thanks. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xxkrisxx665

xxkrisxx665

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Best option would be to do a system restore to before the problem occurred and then try to reinstall the updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users