Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it too late to salvage my computer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pandasamurai

Pandasamurai

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

My computer is a Mini Toshiba Laptop which I use daily. Less than a year ago, some (Windows)pop-ups appeared asking for permission to carry out a 'file operation'. I denied access, but the pop-ups reappeared immediately. After the 3rd Pop-up, I turned off the computer. Since then, my Windows Explorer hasn't worked at all, shutting off within a few seconds of login because of some .dll error. So, I used the Task Mangager to access my files and start programs in place of Windows Explorer. Regularly, I get other pop-ups(from spam sites) while surfing the web a couple times a week trying to infect my infected computer. However, just yesterday I got a huge stream of (Windows)pop-ups trying to perform more file operations. Because they were respawning instantly after I closed them, I shut off my computer once again. Now I can no longer access my files from Task Manager because it closes if I press the Browse button. From Task Manager I have access to the last 25 files that I've opened. I still have files that I would like to get off the computer, but it seems that I have no access to them. Is there a way to get my files? Will I have to remove the viruses first? Or are both options out of reach and I'll have to delete everything?

I'd be thankful for any help, I really don't know much about computers.
I don't think I can run the dds program because I can no longer access files.

Some bugs I know I have seen in popups is the FBI-Lock Money scam, Viruses have been found on you computer!, and the Google redirect to liveearchnow(not sure if that's the work of viruses or not). Can't really recall anything else.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system

Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results

Download

aswMBR

Launch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitions
Click the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save log

Post the log results here.If you get crashes in normal mode,run it in safemode with networking

Download

ESET online scanner

Install it

Click on START,it should download the virus definitions
When scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threats

Export the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users