Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with Internet Explorer Windows XP after malware removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 arosado

arosado

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Hello,

First, I am grateful for anyone here who wishes to help me with my husband's computer. Everything was okay with the computer until this morning. He was using Avast for antivirus and he noticed that the main shield was off. He tried to turn it on according to their instructions but nothing would happen. We uninstalled Avast and tried to go online to reinstall. That was when we got "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage". I checked Add/Remove programs and didn't find anything that wasn't supposed to be there. I rebooted the computer and then I got a Runtime Error. It didn't show the full path for the error but it did state at the top that it was Microsoft Visual C++ Library. I don't know if they are related or not. However, I ran Malware Bytes and found "funmoods". It wasn't in my programs list so I was unaware of it. I deleted them per the instructions from Malware and deleted other folders and files associated with "Funmoods" through a search of the computer. I have done the Defogger. I have the ".txt" files from DDS and Rootkit Unhooker showed no threats. I have tried various other "ideas" through research, i.e. resetting to default internet options and trying IE without add ons. I am at a loss and could use some guidance. I did have some trouble with trying to reset the IP at the command prompt. The computer only has one user and is set as Admin. Also, everytime I go to mscofig and simply click "ok" without doing anything, I get a message stating "Access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service. You may need to log on using an Administrator account to make the specified changes." And I made absolutely no changes. Whatever help is give will be appreciated and I will follow directions to its fullest. Thanks in advance

Amy

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users