Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dec 21, 2012 - The End of the World...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 HydroLar

HydroLar

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

The world is scheduled to end on Dec 21, once again, at least according to some :huh: . Of course this isn't the first time; when the new millennium started in the year 1000 it was thought to be the end of the world - the same for the year 2000. And I'm sure there have been dozens of other end-of-the-world predictions in the past and we're still here.

Personally I really doubt it will end so I've decided to celebrate 'end-of-the-world' day :clapping:

On Fri, Dec 21 I am taking the day off, getting in some beer and wine, stocking up on junk food and I'm going to watch all the craziness on TV all day.

So what are you planning on 'end-of-the-world day? Anything?

HydroLar

Edited by Budapest, 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM.
Moved from The Speak Easy ~Budapest

Posted Image

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,035 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I was thinking of dong something similar but on the 20th ,,,,In case they are right. :crazy:
Alos the 20th is my son's birthday.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

On the 21st I'll cook a nice dinner, tell my husband Happy Anniversary a day early, then try to watch all my recorded programs. I will also finish whatever book I am reading at the time. I simply could not have the world end without knowing who done it and why.

If the world doesn't end I will do what I usually do when I want something: give him an idea to think about, let him say ok, and let him know he has a wonderful idea. The key is to make him think it is his idea. The only question is "Where should I tell him I would like to go out to for dinner?" to celebrate our 33rd anniversary on Dec. 22nd. Maybe Logan's Roadhouse will send me an email for a "buy one get one free" coupon. Can you say RIBEYES??!!

Maybe I should tell him now not to buy me the compound miter saw or the router (the power kind) I want. No sense in spending money on something I won't get to enjoy if the world ends. If the world does not end he can get it after Christmas. Which I hope he does because I've been wanting both of them for a long time.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 December 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I'll go to work and get paid same as every friday.

Posted Image

#5 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

As I was readin this it occured to me that i better check and see who has custody of the brain that week,be right back......

Ok I'm back, Yes oooo yes ooo yes!! It's my turn!! I just hate it when the hubby has custody of the brain for important stuff like this.....

BUT since it's my turn( hallelujah let the choir sing!!)

This is what i'm gonna do....

I'm gonna get me some mew play doh and make me some perty spectacular necklaces(just like mardi gra beads), then i'm gonna get me some brand spankin new boxes and i mean the big ones of crayolas and huff em to my hearts content, since we won't be here for New Years....

then I think i'm gonna make a few phone calls to some cranky people that i've known and tell em to
git a grip...

and I think i'm gonna call the Prez and say Obama Yo What's shaken...

Then I'm gonna call a few girl friends, put some ribs in the oven, make some nacho's and throw the best slumber party of my whole life..ooo yes and there must be cheesecake!!

Now if the world don't come to an end....
I'm gonna pop in "AChristmas Story " and Order Pizza or Chinese....

MissPlaced eyes that tin of cookies in the corner.....down girl....

Edited by MissPlaced, 06 December 2012 - 01:06 AM.

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#6 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

For once I've managed to buy my christmas presents well in advance, so christmas better happen or I'll be seriously mad!!!!

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Quiet you! I still have 4-6 people left on my list, and I'm running low on P-51 Can openers!

Posted Image

#8 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

@ BlackSpyder,

H ave I got great news for you!!!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRC_enUS322US322&q=P-51+can+openers

and there on Sale!!

I've used one of those,if it helps you can keep mine.... :hysterical:

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#9 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

I have decided to call in dead to work and see how that plays out. :P

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#10 HydroLar

HydroLar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Maybe I'll finally purchase that 'Zombie Survival Kit' I've been looking at in the "Major Surplus & Survival" catalog. You know...the sardine can with band-aids and salt and pepper packets... :wink:
Posted Image

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

#11 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Posted Image

If the Mayans were so good at predicting the future, why didn't they see the end of their own civilization coming?

Edited by Andrew, 07 December 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#12 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

[Pinky] But Brain isn't easier to take over the world amidst chaos and disorder?[/pinky]

Posted Image

#13 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

It's 2 day's and counting...................

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#14 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,618 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Prepping for The End, Russian style.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#15 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Are you a week ahead of everyone else? It's the 11th here, and the date in the first post says the so-called end date is the 21st. That's 10 days according to my reckoning.

As for what I'm going to do: same as usual. Work, play, sleep, pray, breathe, eat, etc.

~ OB :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users