Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alien Logic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Adam315

Adam315

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hello guys.

The name of the game is Alien logic, used to play it alot when i was younger, and i just found the CD again. and i wanted to start playin it...problem is that its a dos based game, says that it will work with windows 95.

The current platform that im working with is Windows XP Professioanl sp2.

I did try the compatability option in another post. However either im not doing it right, or it doesnt work. (applied it, clicked the icon, same thing happens as if i didnt change anything)

If you need anymore awnsers, let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Adam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

I don't really know how to help you but I thought I could post this suggestion. Do you still have an old computer lying around somewhere or at worst you can pick up an old computer for like 20$ that could run that game.

#3 Adam315

Adam315
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:35 AM

Ya i do have another computer i can put this on.

lol just have to try and find a copy of Windows 95/98. Those should work for it, because its the same shell, right?

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

Ya it should work

#5 Jonesmones

Jonesmones

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:19 PM

I play this game, but I boot from a windows 98 rescue/boot disk, which works fine. (I think I had to edit the autoexec.bat file, its a long time since I made it)
May I suggest you patch the game to 1.1 before playing, cos your saved game wont work if you find you need the patch half way thru.

#6 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

I don't know if it'll work or not, but there is another thread similar to this one and this is the suggestion given.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58109/dos-games/

You will need a special program to slow down your computer to play dos games. With modern pc`s there too fast and if you install a dos game you will notice they run extremly quickly. There are some programs to fix this problem.

Dosbox(download for which ever OS you use such as windows linux etc):
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?main=1

Edited by Wizdabest, 16 July 2006 - 07:55 PM.

#7 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

you can try an emulator like DosBox. This will boot up a virtual Dos computer in WinXP and allow you to map folders off your HD to make virtual HDs for your Dos programs. It doesn't take too much know how to set it up and there are a lot of good front ends for it to simplify setup. I have not used it in a while so I can't explain in more detail, but there should be help files and a forum to read through.

Plus it has features to scale back your processor clock so the game doesn't look like its moving in fast forward!

Edited by Gothmog, 17 July 2006 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users