Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Forwarding for Utorrent

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I'm an uploader on a couple different private tracker sites and i have never had an issue with being connectable for seeding. About a week ago i am appearing unconnectable on those sites, so i went and forwarded ports for utorrent through both my router and firewall, but still appearing as unconnectable. I am able to download with no problems, but it takes forever for me to completely seed something that i uploaded. When i created the rule for utorrent through my firewall i just made it for incoming. Do i need to make another rule for utorrent for outgoing???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Ports need to be open both ways for optimal transfers. DO NOT use default port number, there known to attract all sorts of unwanted traffic. It could also be your isp throttling or limiting bandwidth. If your constantly seeding the isp could flag your account and monitor the TCP/udp packets. You can look up the glasnost application and find out.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

Ok....thanks for the info. What range is good to use for utorrent?

Edited by Ribdigger870, 05 December 2012 - 01:12 AM.

#4 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yesterday i forwarded ports for both in and out, but still showing not connectable on tracker sites. Someone please help!!!!

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Try the portforward.com Configuration page. Enter your router make and model, and the ports you have chosen. It will walk you through the steps. Don't forget you need to open the ports in Windows Firewall too. If that still doesn't work Use the Glasnost tool to test your ISP
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Ribdigger870

Ribdigger870
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

I think that i got it figured out....changed some things around and it is showing me as connectable now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users