Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blue and Dog

Blue and Dog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Okay, so this is like the third time it's happened, but last time it happened was in the summer, and before that was a year ago.
I have a dell laptop, got it in.....2009? Anyway, I was on Blackboard, a website for universities to post online assignments, when I got a bluescreen and the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Last time I had it, I updated my bios and was fine.
This time, though, I'm not quite sure what to do. I can't have this computer crap out this month; I graduate this month and all my finals are on it.

I downloaded the programs that one of the forums said to run, and got a buncha stuff, but even with the forum helping me I'm not sure what stuff to post....
I tried attaching the thing zipped like I was told to, but it's too big to upload...

Edited by Blue and Dog, 03 December 2012 - 09:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

I downloaded the programs that one of the forums said to run, and got a buncha stuff, but even with the forum helping me I'm not sure what stuff to post....

This being your first post here I have to assume that you have sought help at another website. If this is correct, do you have an active topic there?

What programs did you download?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Blue and Dog

Blue and Dog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

This being your first post here I have to assume that you have sought help at another website. If this is correct, do you have an active topic there?

What programs did you download?

· A. SysInternals AutoRuns - Microsoft TechNet
· B. jcgriff2 BSOD File Collection app
The thing is I got a link to the place where I got these programs off a thread somewhere on this site....

Edited by Blue and Dog, 04 December 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'll assume you have a Vista or Win7 system, and that these are the instructions you are likely referring to ....

:step1: Please follow the instructions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 8, 7 & Vista

(Note: When you run BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe, it will also run autoruns.exe ... and both need to be in the Documents folder!)
... with one exception to the following line under Step 4:
  • "Create a new thread HERE and attach the file(s)."
The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit).
  • Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file.
See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
  • http://lifehacker.com/388284/best-online-file-sharing-services
  • http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/
  • http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/08/28/5-best-free-file-hosting-services-to-store-your-files.html

I can recommend Posted Image: Also suitable is Posted Image

:step2: Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.
  • It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.

:step3: Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your Desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Click Go.
    When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.
  • Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
    (Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users