Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot uninstall MWMByts Folder and 1 File inside

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Hi I am trying to remove MWMBs and even after using the MWMBs Removal Tool and rebooting twice" its still in "Program Files" It keeps saying:
"Error Deleting File or Folder: Cannot Delete the Directory is Not Empty"

When I open the MWMBs folder it has one little file with no description in it if I try and drag it to the Recycle Bin it says: "cannot read from the source file or disk" anyone have any ideas please :) Dazza

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Hello Dazza -
2 ideas.
First, run chkdsk /r as the problem may be your system -
Next, If the problem persists, please contact Malwarebytes Support desk << with this form for personal help -

They have just told me that they will look after you as soon as a helper is available -

Thank You -

#3 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

[font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Thanks Aussie Addict :unsure: I tried to Run chkdsk /r but it wont run this is the error report:

The Type of the file system is NTFS
Cannot lock current drive.
Chkdsk /r cannot run because the volume is in use by another process.

Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts.

I will wait for a response from the other guy's and come back and relate the result to you and close the issue (I Hope) :thumbsup:

Edited by Dazza, 04 December 2012 - 07:09 PM.

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hi Dazza -
Chkdsk /r cannot run because the volume is in use by another process ............
""Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts.""

At this point where you finished, you should have pressed the " Y " key for Yes and then Rebooted -
Your system was just asking you if it was OK to run the scan -

Any way, this was just the first idea from the Help Desk, and to then pass on the link for you to follow -

Let us know the result - :)

#5 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Will do Dazza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users