Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Beep On New Computer.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Makoto

Makoto

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hello everyone!

I've recently bought a premade PC and it has been working fine for about a month until I started getting these strange beeps. They don't come directly from the PC but I can hear them through the stereo. I checked system sounds and none of them resemble the beep. I'm not exactly sure what causes this, but when I started hearing these beeps, about a week ago my PC bsod'd with a "memory management" error. Every time I would try to turn on the PC I would get to the desktop after logging in but if I did anything, the blue screen would pop up again with "memory management". I somehow fixed this by restoring my PC to an earlier state and running disk checks (not sure which did what). After that, I didn't hear the beep until recently-- about a week ago. So, I looked around and people have said it might have something to do with memory or overheating. I used a program called Speedfan to check my temperatures and none were over 50c. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the beep sounds almost like a submarine sonar beep, which is strange. I ran several virus checks with malwarebytes and it couldn't find anything.

I'm aware I'm supposed to post system specs but I'm not exactly too keen on how I'm supposed to do that and which format would be optimal for helping me and this problem. I'm also not really too familiar with computers, so I'd appreciate some step-by-step solutions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

If it's still under warranty take it back to be repaired. You can void the warranty if you or someone else who isn't recognized as being qualified by the manufacturer works on it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users