Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop abruptly goes into sleep/hybernation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jklsr55

Jklsr55

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

I have a Dell 1525 laptop. For about a year now every so often (more frequent recently) while using my laptop a slight wiggle of the screen and it goes black, and then goes into either sleep mode or hibernation. I am not sure which. And it doesn't happen all the time. I do notice it more when I first boot up for about 10 minutes. Sometimes I try to induce the behavior moving it on purpose but it doesn't turn off...??? I am convinced it is a hardware/wire/connection. I have taken my laptop apart looking for something loose or frayed but have found nothing.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? And hopefully a fix!!??

Jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

slight wiggle of the screen and it goes black, and then goes into either sleep mode or hibernation

When you close the laptop lid, the usual action on power settings option is sleep if enabled. It might be a lid switch problem basing on your post.
Users have experienced certain screen problems with different Dell models in this thread.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users