Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help i deleted all my photos by accident in Linux Mint

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Africanlion

Africanlion

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hi
I have got Linux Mint and I had created a folder called Assorted in the pictures folder and in this i ha ddifferent folders for family, friends etc. I was cleaning up the photos and deleting ones i no longer wanted and it seems i must have deleted the Assrted folder itself which had all my photos. Normally when i delete stuff i normally choose the Delete option rather than move to Recycle bin and naturally i have checked Recylcle bin and there is nothing

I had like 700 photos there all very important. How can i recover them. i have not switched off computer or done much since doing so incase it helps

I am in tears right now please help. is there like a system restore in linux or what can i do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

af you can try this but you might also mess up your system

Recover Deleted Files In Linux With Photorec

http://www.unixmen.com/recover-deleted-files-in-linux-with-photorec/
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#3 Africanlion

Africanlion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Thank you for your reply. Looking at the instructions for installing and running the application, how do i know which type of file system i have ntfs or ext2/ext3 etc. Sorry i am clueless when it comes to linux. Only switched from windows recently

#4 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thank you for your reply. Looking at the instructions for installing and running the application, how do i know which type of file system i have ntfs or ext2/ext3 etc. Sorry i am clueless when it comes to linux. Only switched from windows recently

You should have under "Accessories" in your menu tab a nifty utility called "Disks". Click on that and you should see anything you want to know about all your disk drives. It told me that I am using ext4.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#5 darkchild101

darkchild101

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

You should have under "Accessories" in your menu tab a nifty utility called "Disks". Click on that and you should see anything you want to know about all your disk drives. It told me that I am using ext4.

Done it dev/sda1/ ext4 75.7GiB

Edited by darkchild101, 03 December 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#6 darkchild101

darkchild101

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

It has worked. You are a genius my friend and may your life be long and happy. God bless you

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by darkchild101, 03 December 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#7 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

great glad you were are to recover all successfully

Edited by rburkartjo, 04 December 2012 - 10:16 PM.

quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users