Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Version Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi,

I'd like to know since my Firefox Browser is set to the release update channel,

when I close and restart it will change my present FF to 17.0 upgrade.

Will I loose the tweaks configurations I just set ?

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hi -
If this is just part of your "normal preset updates" then I do not think anything changes -

I have upgraded from I.E. 8 to I.E. 9 and I still kept all settings and bookmarks etc. Nothing as such has altered at all.

Just make a brief note of your "tweaks" as I will not 100% promise (try Mozilla forum) as to any results -

I do turn off all my computers at the wall socket every night and never have problems with updates altering settings -

Regards -

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Thanks noknojon

I'll look into it , I do have notes on tweaks.

My Desk top is practically never off, . .

Its been running up to expectations for years,
I'm getting ready to change over to a DELL with better RAM max.

Still I'm behind times, so I'll use this one for art work,
and the other to hopefully solve my Skype and video problems

Seems with only 500 MGB of RAM I ain't gettin to far down the road !

BTW you turn your PC off when you can't keep an eye on it , . huh ?

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

In general, most of the plug-ins and extensions will continue to work after a FF version update. However, these add-ons are generally written by third parties and sometime, for whatever reason, those third parties stop developing/updating the add-ons; and they become incompatible with the newer FF versions. *Usually* when this happens you can find a similar add-on that will work with the new version.

Personally, I am stuck at FF15 because "Firefox 3 Theme for Firefox 4+" is not available for anything more recent and I haven't found a good replacement yet.

Any configuration you set under 'Tools / Options' will carry over to the new version.

Edited by ddeerrff, 05 December 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

#5 Ubiq

Ubiq

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hi!

Is anyone using the latest version of FireFox with the latest version of Flash successfully? I lost the ability to play videos after a Flash upgrade yet they work in Chrome.
I miss FireFox(oh the ad blocking!) and would like to know what combination of versions/settings will create YouTube magic. Thank you!

Machine: Toshiba Portege r705-P41, Dual Boot: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Ubuntu 15.04
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz Arrandale 32nm Technology,
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20), Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Revision 2 1720 MBytes

Speccy

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Ok, thats great you know what your doing but your a few steps ahead of me, but I will say in my favor, as soon as I can afford it I will try to get a wireless thing going for my PC as there is a wireless router nearby, and I can use it.

Possibly it will give me the power to do some things I can't do with the dial-up I have, . .
but also I am installing an OS in a Dell here that has more RAM than my Old Presario 4403 where this is coming from.

I am always hearing about these people that want to go back to FF V.3 something, and I am wondering why that seems to make sense and maybe I should try that.

Anyway I'll keep-on-keep-in-on, best I can, ain't gonna let it get me down,not now, cause I'm letting her under my skin and its getting, . . .
better !, better !, better !, better !

Yeah Beetles

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users