Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blocster

Blocster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

I have a church as one of my customers and They got the newer FBI ransom virus, plus a few Trojans and spyware viruses. I am pretty sure that it's a helpless case but I wanted to beat the dead horse one more time before I truly give up.
Windows 7 home edition

I have let the gambit of antiviruses and Microsoft Fix it run and do their good or evil...
All scanners now come to the conclusion that everything is cleaned, but the damage caused seems to not be repaired. There were a few hints of a rootkit but didn't see much in logs but the recycle bin has a damaged file in it...

symptoms:
1: Windows update, windows firewall, file sharing, and admin changes aren't staying. Certain folders admins have no access to...
2: I am seeing that some of the registry doesn't have the right admin rights.
3: Services that won't run are BITS, DHCP, and anything that along those lines. I get an access denied error 5 when trying to restart the service.

I can put is a static IP and the network works but as far as the machine is concerned in systray there is no connection. and in the network and sharing Center the "view your basic network info" its like a 404 webpage and null-ed out...

Looking for ideas:
1: reset registry rights?
2: possibly reset/re-install BITS?
3: I haven't found a FBI removal tools possibly point me in the right direction. (I have done the how to's...)

Thank you for reading my problem

Blocster

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hi Blocster,

My name is etavares and I'll be helping you with this thread. Please follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help and post the requested logs here and we'll see if we can't get this working as normal.

-etavares

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Hi, do you still need help?

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image

#4 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users