My mother in law complained to me that her computer had become slow and was randomly redirecting her google searches off to rather random locations. I ran her McAfee and nothing showed up, Malwarebytes which cleaned out a few things. I then did some reading on rootkit based viruses and then ran TDSSKiller. This put some stuff in quarantine but identified that virus.win64.zaccess.a was resident in the services.exe and it was unable to cure it.
Having done some more reading I can see it is a persistent little bugger to get rid of and have arrived here for some help in removing it.
e2a - noticed typo in thread title, that was supposed to be 'Mother' not 'Monster' or any other derivative....
Edited by robster970, 03 December 2012 - 02:18 AM.