Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need NAS on a Windows Server 2008 R2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sag12

sag12

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I need NAS on a Windows Server 2008 R2. Does it come standard on Win Server 2008 R2? I want a "Network Storage Server" (Windows Server 2008 R2) and I have the R2 Server up and running, but nothing there that points me to turning it into a NAS Server. I see file server but nothing about NAS. Am I missing something?

Mr. Not In The No

:-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Not sure I understand the question. NAS basically is a way to share files without a server OS and or hardware RAID. If all you are doing is sharing files then file sharing from the server will do what you want.

Edited by Baltboy, 14 December 2012 - 08:26 AM.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users