Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 1450

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

System - windows xp sp3 is not recognized, when trying to download. Warning screen states that I need windows xp sp2 or better.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

<< System - windows xp sp3 is not recognized, when trying to download. >>

Please explain if you are trying to Reinstall / Fresh install / Diagnostics / Etc.

If you are reinstalling, do you have a genuine XP CD to use ??
NOTE: it may only be a SP2 CD which is what most later CDs are -

#3 1450

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Hi Mr. addict, one of the problems I'm having is when I go to run a download a warning is displayed stating that " the current windows does not support the needed requirements for the program and I need windows XP or better", even though I am running Windows XP sp3. I subscribed to the log report forum earlier. My thread is currently on page 28.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic467308.html/page__view__findpost__p__2859905
You never finished your topic linked above with boopme dated 04 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

You also never posted back to m0le here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic470993.html/page__view__findpost__p__2885796
Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

We are willing to help, but can not keep helping you if you will not stay with one topic up to the end -

If I post an answer here, it will be over-riding the Experts that were half way through helping you.
Please continue one of your other topics, or ask me to have someone direct you as to your best options -

Thank You -

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Since any issues that you expose here in the XP forum...probably relate to your unfinished malware log topic...I urge you to resume pursuit of that topic. The topic is currently closed but I can reopen it if you want to pursue it to fruition.

Just send me a PM and I will reopen it...and you can also send a PM to your Helper for that topic, letting him know that you are now ready to try to determine if a malware situation exists.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users