Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NEWS FLASH: Windows 8 Sales failing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

I do not know where to post this or how to post news updates but I wanted to say here and now that IT IS TRUE! And just as I thought, Microsoft was padding the n umbers for the ammount of sales of new Windows 8 machines and software. Not many people as they hoped were buying the systems or new software since its launch. It was also reported that the new Xbox will be released next fall in time for the Christmas Shopping season with a pricetag of between USD199-299.

I just remembered this article and thought of here at the time, I do not know where the article is though now, since I just remembered it I have no idea what the actual article title even was.

If anyone else has a confirming or otherwise to make it more then just a article that I just remembered {and maybe provide a link} thanks much

NOTE: I did not know hwere to put this and figured since it concerned Windows 8 the most I figured it'd fit in the Windows 8 folder, if it is in the wrong place I understand

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

The Xbox thing comes from a Bloomberg news article and is dubious given the time tables. Microsoft doesn't want a repeat of the commercial failure of the 360. By failure I mean, rush out a system with low QA, then spend billions fixing the issue and providing warranty service. Unless Microsoft suddenly announces the next Xbox within the next few months, I would give credence to that rumor, but until something is announced, I'm going to be skeptical. It is certainly possible they will announce the new Xbox soon and attempt to meet the holiday 2013 season. This is an article talking about it.

As for the Windows 8 launch numbers, this article is as close as I could get.

Edited by DJBPace07, 03 December 2012 - 08:27 AM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users