Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Concerns

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gasmith2

gasmith2

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium and I noticed the following:

Several Microsoft services have been stopped. Should I get these running? If so how do I do that? Is "logmeinrescue" a bad program?

Posted Image

Also can the following events be solved? A lot are from "Bonjour Service". Should I be worried about these?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

The msconfig services tab should not be used to check for any changes made but for diagnostic testing only if there are system performance degration. There are default windows startup services and usually 3rd party softwares can be configured safely by a 3rd party software(ex.autorun), the software control panel or by services.msc. Event viewer as the name implies is also use to give a detailed description of the time and data of a particular event which points to the type of events such as Information, Warning, Error or Critical. More information to event type definition here. An error or warning is only vital if its related to your system problem. The critical error(from your 3rd image) is concerning which could be pointing to thermal events or heating problem. Click description for more information or error code or see the Microsoft Support link. LogmeinRescue and Bonjour are legit software/component which can be removed if not needed.

Tekken

#3 gasmith2

gasmith2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Thank you very much!

#4 Glazeman11

Glazeman11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Okay? So what does he need to do? Because this is exactly what my Dell insprion N5110 is doing. I called Dell and they explained to me that the only way to repair this problem would be to pay $79.99 for a ONE-time software repair. I was like the fuc? I figured I could get these going myself but I am not a certified software technician. I just need help. Oh and could these issues cause gaming lag as well? Just wondering. Thanks!

#5 md2lgyk

md2lgyk

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

LogmeinRescue and Bonjour are legit software/component which can be removed if not needed.

What do they do? My Win 7 computer has neither of them.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

1) Are you experiencing any issues with your system or is it running normally?

2) To manage services go to START - RUN and type: services.msc (then press ENTER)

#7 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Is something specifically not working?

Otherwise these services have stopped because they have nothing to do ... this is normal behavior. Bonjour is an Apple Service usually installed by Itunes that will complain alot that it can't connect to anything and has nothing to do.

The Event Log will tell you more than you ever wanted to know ... if you are looking for a problem that does NOT need be solved you will find it there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users