Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Let me introduce myself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 david2920

david2920

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hello Friends,
I am a new user to this forum and I wish we could have met on different circumstances.
I am a 53 year old male and live in CA. I am not a complete moron when it comes to
computers, but I'm not a power user either. Anyway I am going to need a little help with
ridding a nasty virus from my computer. I just don't understand how people could use such
knowledge for such destructive purposes. I am happy to see there is a forum to help those
of us that went to the wrong place on the web and got hijacked. Many thanks in advance for
any and all help given.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darkumas

Darkumas

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hello David2920 and welcome to the forum. Please head on over to This Forum and follow the Preparation Guide there and someone will help try to assist you in getting rid of the virus.

#3 david2920

david2920
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Darkumas,
Thank you for your response. I had not tried all the listed items before I posted.
So I did download Spybot S&D and it appears it has done the some good. Not getting
hijacked to monstermarketplace.com in my browser anymore. I do have one other problem
that is been nagging me for a long time now. It's the about blank window that keeps
opening when I search. I am reading up on it as we converse. Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users