Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 slowwwww & process's hogging memory

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kckracker

kckracker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

i have windows 7, I live in Seattle and a Microsoft 7 student built it for me last year. here is my issue, its gotten slow and we have business comcast package so were getting plenty of gas to fuel it. i can open my task manager and my CPU usage will be low and memory will be tapped out, when i look at the process's, i have a few that keep popping up hogging it all.

monitor.exe i can kill it but it comes right back on--do i need it?
trustedinstaller.exe --bigggest memory hog on my PC..this sob will not go away it comes right back on, do i need it?

also whenever my wife logs out of farmvilla, which makes me crazy, the pc is near frozen til i do a 3 finger salute and kill flashplayer and some other one ill trey to think of it

and last, if i open the task manager, click the services tab, and i see there is 41 process's running, wholy cow! i try to stop useless crap and i get ACCESS DENIED.. WTF!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kckracker

kckracker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

here is a screenshot, anyone?

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   215.19KB   5 downloads

Edited by kckracker, 02 December 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hello -
I do not think it is good to remove this process, as it is part of Windows 7 setup, but there are options -

Windows Modules Installer = Trusted Installer.exe
Set Windows Module Installer Startup Type to Manual

1.Go to Control Panel, then click on System and Maintenance link, and then open Administrative Tools window.
2.Open Services applet.
3.In User Account Control dialog, click Continue.
4.Locate the Windows Module Installer service, then right click on it and select Properties.
5.In the General tab, click on the drop down menu of Startup Type, and select Manual
6.Click Apply.
7.If the services status is running, click on Stop button.
8.Click OK.

See how this leaves your problem -
EDIT - Always note if you have Win7 SP1 installed -

Thanks -

Edited by noknojon, 02 December 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users