Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Several issues with a newly built computer.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

I have built many computers but am having a little bit of a problem with some things and my new one. My new install went great. All programs installed without a hitch. Fast and furious is the way it went to get everything installed. Now, after a week or so I have started having a couple glitches. When I go to install a new program or update it the program just sits there for 4 or 5 minutes before doing anything and then finally starts to do its thing. What could be causing this.
The other issue is that I am trying to do a backup and image clone to get my new system backed up. The problem there is that the windows backup won't see my hard drives. I then tried Norton Ghost and the same thing happened.

I have since figured out my problem. It is a usb 3.0 card reader that is plugged into the motherboard. I unplugged it and it reads it like a charm now. I plugged it back in and it worked still (for awhile) then it would not let me do a system image or backup again. Anyone care to suggest what I should do? Get a different card reader? Will it do the same thing or is it this card reader I wonder? I am out money for this one I am sure but it is only $29 but I guess that is still money. I may check the website for a new driver.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

Since the card reader is giving you problems I would take the financial hit and replace it with a different brand. Be careful some generic parts like that may be the same part inside the box packaged as different brands.

I had a USB3 PCI-express card that caused blue screens I replaced it with a different brand and no more problems. It happens. All hardware can have a incompatibility with another hardware item.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users