Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bing Bar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moota1514

moota1514

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hi do i need "Bing bar" in my Add-ons my friend told me bing is bad news so i disabled it is this the right thing to do plus do i need "search helper extension"

Attached File  llllllllllllllll.JPG   199.4KB   5 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

If you don't use it you don't need to keep it installed. You can go to Add Remove programs and get rid of it.

As for Search Helper Extension the only thing I know about that is what I found when searching for info. Don't use it? Leave it disabled. Or get rid of it-directions in the article linked to below.

http://lifehacker.com/5560116/remove-microsofts-search-helper-add+on-from-firefox

A recent Windows Update package, marked "Important," quietly added Microsoft's "Search Helper" extension to both Internet Explorer and Firefox, all for the purpose of making a Bing toolbar work better.

Microsoft pushed out an Important-labeled update for its "Search Enhancement Pack." Many Windows users always install the Important updates, as they're where security issues are regularly fixed. What the "enhancement" really did, though, was install a package that helps Bing's toolbar better integrate itself with IE and Firefox—whether or not you have the Bing bar installed. You'll notice it because Firefox will report having a new add-on when you next start it after the update.

If you want to keep both of them leave them disabled.

*edited to correct grammatical error*

Edited by Queen-Evie, 02 December 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#3 moota1514

moota1514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users