Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent Minifreezes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Coal143

Coal143

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Recently I've been noticing that my computer seems to have frequent short (maybe around half a second) freezes no matter what I'm doing. I notice it most when playing videogames, where the screen will freeze for a while before returning to normal. It's also noticeable when typing in some programs, where i will see nothing come out until a few seconds after I've typed it. When watching videos on the internet, the video will randomly freeze at a frame for a while (with audio still going) before skipping to synch up with the audio. If the videos are on my hard drive however, the problems are much more noticeable; Both audio and visuals stutter almost constantly. I first noticed this problem around a week ago when the sounds of a game i was playing (League of Legends) kept repeating for several seconds each time they played.

I'm not really sure if is this is a hardware or a software problem and the issues came out of nowhere (as far as i can tell)
Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Please post the computer model/brand next time.
Download Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#3 Coal143

Coal143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Of course.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/CGH3b84nH2w0gfYp2TMrgSf

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Your speccy log looks clean. A lot of users using High end Vaio laptops have been complaining on stuttering/freezing problems on media and gaming area. Most solutions are sound drivers reinstall or lowering some settings but different laptops offer varied solutions as seen on some hardware threads.

Tekken

#5 Coal143

Coal143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

How would i go about reinstalling my sound drivers?

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Travel to Sony Website Support and encode your laptop model and operating system. Look for the Realtek HD Audio 64 bit, latest driver. Download and save it to your hard drive. Go to device manager and look for the Realtek Audio. Right-click uninstall, then run the driver you have just downloaded. Check the difference.

Edited by jhayz, 04 December 2012 - 02:23 AM.

Tekken

#7 Coal143

Coal143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

Reinstalling my Realktek sound driver hasn't helped. Any other ideas? Should i try the same with my NVIDIA sound drivers?

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yes, I would venture on any possible fix at this point. The linked thread is conducing of a software update rather than a hardware problem but surely not improbable in any case.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users