Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error0x45d

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ProjectG

ProjectG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hello Bleeping Computer, I am Gabriel.

Now, as you may have taken in from the stated title I seem to have had a run in with a computer problem. Now as i was happily playing Team Fortress 2 and speaking to a couple of friends on Skype, my computer froze. Now, being the person I am, my first instinct was to CTRL ALT DELETE and exit TF2. But nothing worked, so i shut down my computer and waited about a minute. Afterwards, i turned my computer back on, only to find i am sadly stuck at the windows logo screen, mockingly showing "Starting Windows." I went searching around the internet for a bit and found i should try and do a "Last Known Good Configuration" loadup. Not to my surprise, it didn't work. After more fix hunting I found i should attempt system repair and system restart. However, when i attempted system repair, it failed, saying it "couldn't find any problems.' I looked in the advanced diagnostics report and it said that there was one root source. Not understanding what that meant, i attempted system restore, only to find 0 restore points. I pretty much gave up and quit so i attempted the ole' restore to factory settings, with the abhorrent Error 0x45d. I went around my house, searching for a restore disk, and didn't find one. I do know that Windows came preinstalled with my computer, though.

My computer is a Gateway SX2370 w/ W7 Home Premium.

Is there anything that i can do to fix this? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, by the way, I am but twelve years old.

Breaking news, after doing a harddrive disk check it now says my \Windows\system32\winload.exe is now corrupt with the error 0xc000000f.

Edited by ProjectG, 01 December 2012 - 10:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Please try running a diagnostic test for the HD first http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 to check if its not failing.

Tekken

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hi -
To add to jhayz reply -

How to Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc (Free M/soft)
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

NeoSmart - 32 bit and 64 bit Vista and Windows 7 Repair Disks (about $10)
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/download-windows-vista-x64-recovery-disc/

EDIT - You can use another working computer for this -

Edited by noknojon, 02 December 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#4 ProjectG

ProjectG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

I cant even get ino safe mode, or the advanced boot options.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Try the boot disks, but you will need to create them on another computer -

I'm sure you know someone that has a working computer to do this on -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users