Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP with network controller

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 winchester_101

winchester_101

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hello,

Tonight I reloaded WinXP SP3 on my Compaq Presario C500 laptop (as I have done a few times before).

Now it will not connect to the internet over the network cable (I need to do that to install the wireless drivers).

Despite an hour or more of Google searching (from a different computer), I cannot find the correct driver for the network controller.

I have tried the HP/Compaq site, to no avail, along with several other likely suspects.

Can someone PLEASE point me to a proper driver pack for this laptop?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

W101

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

You can download the xp drivers on the HP website support please proceed here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/pfinder?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&tool=&query=Presario+c700

Select the exact model of your laptop and choose the driver you need for Compaq Presario C500 network controller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users