I'm on his laptop at the moment on safe mode. It seems to work fine, but I still get the blue screen even on safemode.
How long are you able to stay in Safe Mode before the computer bluescreens? Seconds? Minutes? Hours?
Can you try running this scan while in Safe Mode:
Please download and run TDSSKiller
- Click the Change parameters link/button.
- In the new window, add a checkmark into "Detect TDLFS file system" and then press OK.
- Now press the "Start scan" button.
- In the event that threats are detected, allow TDSSKiller to perform the default action by simply pressing the "Continue" button.
- After the scan / cure is complete, you can find the TDSSKiller log at the root of your C: drive.
- Example: C:\TDSSKiller.220.127.116.11_29.09.2012_00.22.50_log.txt
- Please post the contents of this file to your next message.
Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
Edited by thisisu, 03 December 2012 - 03:22 PM.