Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death on laptop.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 a_tep23

a_tep23

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hello,

my friends laptop is compromised and he is unable to use it without a blue screen appearing. I'm on his laptop at the moment on safe mode. It seems to work fine, but I still get the blue screen even on safemode. Help? Thank you.

- Alex T.

Edited by a_tep23, 01 December 2012 - 05:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hello,

<Ignore my previous post here>

I'm reporting this in an internal thread for unbootable computers. Someone will be with you soon.

Edited by dev00790, 02 December 2012 - 11:39 AM.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#3 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hello Alex :)

I'm on his laptop at the moment on safe mode. It seems to work fine, but I still get the blue screen even on safemode.

How long are you able to stay in Safe Mode before the computer bluescreens? Seconds? Minutes? Hours?

Can you try running this scan while in Safe Mode:

Posted Image Please download and run TDSSKiller
  • Click the Change parameters link/button.
  • In the new window, add a checkmark into "Detect TDLFS file system" and then press OK.
  • Now press the "Start scan" button.
  • In the event that threats are detected, allow TDSSKiller to perform the default action by simply pressing the "Continue" button.
  • After the scan / cure is complete, you can find the TDSSKiller log at the root of your C: drive.
    • Example: C:\TDSSKiller.2.8.10.0_29.09.2012_00.22.50_log.txt
  • Please post the contents of this file to your next message.

Please perform the following scan:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

Edited by thisisu, 03 December 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hello, Just letting you know I moved this to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum,where it will stay
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users