Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Gigabyte Motherboard Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pctech64

pctech64

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

I just purchased a Gigabyte Motherboard, GA-Z77X-UD3H, from Newegg to install in my new computer (all of the parts installed were brand new). After hooking everything up, I turned the computer on, and the Bios screen turned on for a sec, then went to black. The computer made no response when I started pushing keys on the keyboard. I turned off the computer, turned off the PSU, then switched the USB keyboard into each of the USB drives on the computer, then turned the PSU and computer on and tried again, but to no avail. It didn't seem like it would recognize the keyboard, because none of the "lock" lights were on, and would not turn on when pressing Caps Lock, Num Lock, etc. I then brought home about 4 ps2 keyboards to hook up to the ps2 port. I plugged in each keyboard to the computer using the same details as before, but the computer still did not do anything. The Num Lock light was on, but would not turn off when pressing the Num Lock button. Caps Lock and Scroll Lock buttons did not turn on their respective lights.

Is this something that can be fixed, or should I return it to Newegg?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Will it post with all peripherals disconnected(except video)? You should get a post, then possibly a keyboard error.

Cleared CMOS? USB keyboard plugged into proper USB2 port (Intel controlled)?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Try accessing the BIOS. You will most likely need to do this eventually in order to make your optical drive the first device in the boot order so you can boot from the installation disc.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users