Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Radeon 7670 in new HP H9 Phoenix 1315T - dual monitors?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MauiBrew

MauiBrew

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hi - I've got a new 1315T I took delivery on yesterday. The 7670 has a DVI and HDMI inputs and I've hooked up two monitors - one with DVI and the other with a DVI to HDMI male adapter.

The computer is only recognizing the DVI and not the HDMI monitor.

Does the 7670 support dual monitors and if so what do I need to do to get it to recognize it?

I tried going in through the screen resolution option in windows but it didn't see it there. Does Radeon have a separate graphics card program I should be looking to use?

I'm looking to do video editing and want both my monitors to work so I can drag stuff back and forth.

If the 7670 doesn't support dual monitors can you suggest a good video card for HD video editing around $100 or less?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

The 7670 is capable of outputting dual monitors. Doesn't the graphics card have a HDMI output?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 MauiBrew

MauiBrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Yes - it has a DVI and HDMI output on the back of the card and I have two monitors hooked up but only one is being recognized by the computer. The other one is just showing no signal.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

You need to go into CCC and set up your monitor configuration.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 MauiBrew

MauiBrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

When I go into the catalyst control center and go to detect displays it's only recognizing the DVI display. The Other display with the DVI to HDMI adapter is not being detected. I've actually used the monitor +dvi+hdmi adapter previously so I know that it worked on my last computer.

It seems like the 7670 card is not seeing the HDMI connection.

Any other suggestions?

Monitors are dual Acer AL2216W.

#6 MauiBrew

MauiBrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Okay - I'm an idiot. I just realized the adapter I was using was a DP adapter and plugging into the DP port on the 7670 not the hdmi port. On my last computer I was using the DVI and DP ports for dual monitors and for some reason I had thought it was a HDMI connection.

So on the 7670 the card doesn't seem to be recognizing the monitor using the DVI to dp adapter. I'm going to buy a DVI to HDMI adapter and see if that works.

Sorry for the stupidity - user error as normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users