Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frozen, Safe Mode, Virus, XP, what else?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WeBeepUdeBeep

WeBeepUdeBeep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hello

Spending some time at moms house she asked me to take a look at her computer because it "wouldnt start". So I turn it on and it goes to the loading screen and desktop just fine. The problem is once on the desktop after a message pops up from some resource I cannot decipher the program's origin with online search. It is some type of fake version of Windows Essentials I think and all the font where letters should be are boxes except for a few letters here and there mainly the letters QQ at the top; then several boxes following; then the number 7; and more boxes; etc, some Asian looking font.

This program looks just like a anti-virus scanner made cartoon-like for children which makes me think its a virus itself. I cannot remove it through control panel. I get an error message. I am writing this message through Safe Mode with Networking.

Here is a list of photos I took with my phone in order from trying to remove through Control Panel in Safe Mode with Networking. I cannot remove it and after closing the program I get the last photo- Big Bright Red Box-- then I cannot close or change the windows except for Fire Fox.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Many Thank You's
W.B.U.B

Attached Files

• Attached File  1-6.jpg   59.91KB   5 downloads
  • Attached File  2-8.jpg   62.34KB   5 downloads
  • Attached File  3-5.jpg   49.3KB   4 downloads
  • Attached File  4-2.jpg   63.24KB   4 downloads
  • Attached File  5-2.jpg   62.37KB   3 downloads
  • Attached File  6-2.jpg   63.2KB   3 downloads
  • Attached File  7-1.jpg   67.77KB   4 downloads
  • Attached File  8-1.jpg   62.14KB   4 downloads

Edited by bloopie, 01 December 2012 - 08:56 AM.
Mod Edit: Moved from XP to AII. ~bloopie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tipo

tipo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

that`s probably a fake av. try downloading and runing malwarebytes.
download it from here:
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/dl/e97dfffcff5fcb2ec3178b508492a1de/50be69f6/windows/security/anti-spyware/m/malwarebytes-anti-malware/mbam-setup-1.65.1.1000.exe
install it, run it, update it and let it scan (quick/full - doesn`t matter). see what happens and let us know! ;)

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi - Just a minor extra -
Once you have downloaded the program in Safe Mode with Networking here is a hint for you -
If Malwarebytes will not run, click on Malwarebytes > Tools > Malwarebytes Chameleon > and follow the directions from the page

This is a backup version for when you are blocked by an infection -

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users