Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed MS Update will not install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hi to all I was doing my usual MS Tuesday Security Updates after having been off air for a fort-nite. I had a heap of them" they all Installed fine, except' this one from the Error Box:

Automatic MS Update wont install .NETframework I.1 SP1 on Widows XP (KLB2698023)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2698023)

I have tried everything and 8 times to install it and it will not install. Can you help please Cheers Dazza :crazy:

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

First visit the Microsoft Direct Download Site
Follow this option > To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save. Select desktop so you can find it -
After you have saved it to your computer, then try to install it -

Run this Fix It >> http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9767096 and retry the update install -

Still have problems, then I have a batch file you can run as a last option, but not if this your only problem -

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Install the latest version of windows installer from here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8483

Download and install KB2698023 manually.You may receive this error while installing

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network service that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'netfx.msi' in the box below"

In that case download dotnetfx from here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=26

Right click on the file and extract.Double click on extracted folder and make sure you have a file called netfx.msi

Reinstall KB2698023 again and when you receive the same error,

Click on Browse and point the location to netfx.msi we extracted before.

good luck

Edited by narenxp, 01 December 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#4 skoop

skoop

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Info for further NetFramework downloads

I also have had trouble installing Microsoft NetFramework downloads. Through trial and error I have found it best to download updates to Framework seperately from any other download. Been doing this and haven't had a problem since

#5 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Thank you Both Aussie Addict was the fix that worked thank you nerenxp your fix was also Helpful as it sorta complimented Aussie Addict's Fix so thank you problem solved Love Bleeping Computer Forum :busy: :thumbup2: :clapping:

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users