Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RE: INTRO..Both ME--- & an sptd..small problem, SPTD association...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kannu8

kannu8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

HI ALL: I think I'm new here, b ut maybe an long time ago, under Kannutipper....but never tip an canoe...err kannu, But I'm now def... retired, started out soooo long ago, that is learning slef sorta on comnputers, & software, then near 20 yrs., thru this. PCMag...their forum, was simply the greatest place to be, like onknowledge, an long of very nice helpful tech guys, an few gals, certain that's change now. You sort of got to know them, [if so\ personal thru their forum submits. techy personality style. I recall, one real Master, from US, [I'm Cdn. nearer age 80, but sharp eh] His name was/ID-an wise gentleman, 2 stars ** Field Marshall-deceased, some of us darn near cried, when that occured. Many others might recall,those earlierlearning-curve-real-early 90's, days, some contributors were likey retired, ex-IBM, NB-an IBM PC then owned. It was terriffic stuff,I really miss learn in that helpfull forum venu, made modest contributions.
My Desktop, is 5 yrs. new, an nice modest.. Lenovo, 3000 K100 type-8702z, O/S upgraded Vista natch to Win 7, 32 bit. It's up to date with MSFT. Win. upgrades etc, always up to date. I have an new, lg. Notebook, an H.P., similarly upgraded that O/S, Vista-OEM, to Win...7, H.Premium, and only recently upgraded that old BIOS, with HP..support staff...they were most helpful.

My Question: My PC.. in Task Mgr. def indicates I am licensed in Srvcs. for Protexist Lic. PID -1176, Desc. P. Lic. , Status is running. Grp...N/A

BUT, associated program/device...."I def... DNK" which one it is, is not attached, or 'associated with the short-sptd indicator'. So it is in C:\Windows\System32\taskmg.exe. Consequently it of no use to d/l the lite Daemon tools offering, as of course I have them in abundance.

Que: I suspect, it associated with my PC-manufacturer...Lenovo. By design, I did delete an lot of their files folders, and I presume, this repeated error reporting by Windows programs, warnings. Reason...those files were lg. & onerous, controlling...now I presume that was an error. I upgraded from Vista, so I pfresume, my BIOS, from that time, 'not adjusted', for Win 7, should be. I'm Goggling the SPTD whole thing...but it would be nice to get some feedback, on this forum.

So Long & Thank You...

Signed: Scotty----kannu8....[like around] :dance: :dance:

Edited by boopme, 03 December 2012 - 03:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Welcome kannu8,I have moved this to the Win7 forum from Intros as you will not get help in Intros..

Also do you want to keep this proflie and not Kannutipper?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users