Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer SLOOOOOOW; Tells Me Virus Protection Turned Off When It Isn't

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jwilliams1999

jwilliams1999

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Had this problem on and off for the last two weeks. Rears its head here and there.

Computer freezes and suddenly Windows Security Center, the Red X at the bottom right, says Kaspersky has been turned off. Thing is it isn't turned off when I click on the icon. Then it gets SLOOOOOOOOOOW. Can't get anything done besides moving the mouse, forcing a shut-down.

When restarting the computer, the Red X will first pop up, then disappear. Takes a minute or two to get things back to speed. The virus scans in Safe Mode (Cleaning up Internet History, Glary Ulities, RIMKILL and then Malewarebytes followed by Spybot S&D) initially showed some items that I subsequently deleted. But it kept appearing later that day (or the following day) when everything was "back to normal." Several more attempts (stopping the automatic Kaskersky updates, and installing ComboFix and HitManPro), and again it would find something and again later on the Red X popped up, slowing my computer down.

Last ditch effort from pal helping out (who installed Kaspersky) was to un-and-reinstall Kaspersky. Thinking that perhaps this is a Kaspersky error. At my wit's end about what is this. Any ideas?

Edited by hamluis, 30 November 2012 - 01:58 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hello did you mean RKILL and not RIMKILL

Having run ComboFix we will need to see that and a DDS log...
Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jwilliams1999

jwilliams1999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

My bad, yes its RKILL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users