Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE9/10 wont work, chrome/ff do

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BewareOfButtlice

BewareOfButtlice

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Been searching for a couple hours to find a resolution to the issue i'm having with a few computers here at work but cant find anything remotely related to what is going on.

I have three computers here (have had 1 in the past) which Internet Explorer 9 or 10 will usually display the homepage, could be msn or google. Once you click a link on the homepage (or search) it will just sit there and do nothing. I am able to ping any website. Most computers will display html/basic php websites and load quickly but websites like CNN or bank websites wont load at all, it just loads for a long time but never does.

Tracerts come up normal and complete. Google Chrome or Firefox work great.

I've tried creating a new user account, temp clean, reset ie to defaults, complete uninstall/reinstall of ie, system restore (usually no restore points found), combofix/mbam scan, hijackthis, gmer, tdss, and online nod32 scan which all come up clean. The only solution ive found is to completely wipe and reload the computer.

Not sure where to go from here. This is the first time ive seen something like this happen so frequently.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hi -
From the description, this sounds like it is not an infection issue, rather more like an internet connection problem.
First remember to use I.E.9 for Win7 and Win8 at the moment, and only keep to I.E. 8 on any XP still used at the moment.

I know that they are starting to give out (push out) later editions of the browser, but I would stay in safe limits for now.

Note that unless you know what you are looking for combofix is never a good option, and can lead to other deeper problems.
Use Chrome or Firefox for now, and only if the problem worsens, I would post to the Am I Infected or Malware Removal forums with any requested logs -

Thank You -

#3 BewareOfButtlice

BewareOfButtlice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

ive yet another machine with this issue on it. Running a computer repair shop and seeing this all the time now but no explanation to its cause at all. IE10 was just a test to see if it would work but didnt change the situation. I wont use IE10 until after its full release.

Customers get confused when using chrome or firefox and would like to stay with IE so i'm trying to get to the bottom of this issue to keep them happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users