Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hung up on system restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JayMoon

JayMoon

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Last night I chose to hibernate rather than to shut down. This morning when I woke it up outlook wouldn't start. I clicked the icon a bunch of times out of frustration then the screen went dark and the tower started beeping. If I remember correctly it was three long tones in succession repeating. I forced it to power down holding the power button, restarted it and went to the recovery/repair options. I started a system restore to which I had only one option to restore to a windows update from 12:01am this morning. The SR started but has been hung on "restoring files" now for over two hours. Options?

Not that it makes much difference but it's an HP h8-1260t with windows 7 pro.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand1

ranchhand1

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Give it another hour, and then try Last Known Good Configuration option, see if that will work. It may not because you forced a shutdown, but it won't hurt anything to try. Have you been creating backup images of your OS regularly?

Edited by ranchhand1, 30 November 2012 - 04:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users