Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install KB973768

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bipe

bipe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

I have for some time tried to install KB973768 fra Windows Update, but always in vain. Can anybody help me with problem?

I have also tried to download and run the Windows Upgrade Advisor, but I didn't succeed with this either. I need help for this too, as I want to upgrade to Windows 7. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Hello bipe and welcome to the BC Forums!

Until some of our more knowledgeable members, Moderators, & Admins can arrive to review your post and offer their expertise, would you please be so kind as to post back and advise us as to what happens when you attempt to download & install the KB article? For example, do you have trouble accessing the Windows Update site, receive any error messages, etc?

Also, which service pack for Windows XP do you have installed?
Thank you for providing the requested information and best regards! :busy:

Edited by spc3rd, 30 November 2012 - 10:26 AM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#3 bipe

bipe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

I have Service Pack 3 to Win XP. I only get the information that this one hasn't been installed. Other updates are OK.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi bipe -
Please read the date noted by M/soft for this KB item -
KB Articles: KB973768 - Version: 973768 Date Published: 7/09/2009

If you have all other updates installed since that date, I think you have now been covered -

Visit >> http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate << and only see if there are any Express updates, not Custom updates

If a problem still exists, we will then look at it -

Thank You -

#5 bipe

bipe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

It doesn't change anything. It is the inly update that will not be installed. Now I have simply turned it off. It is rather annoying that it keeps coming up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users